Does your electric scooter have a problematic loose screw that won’t stay tight? Read on for a simple fix that will keep it tight forever.
Loose Electric Scooter Screws
Some electric scooters will develop problematic loose screws that need to be frequently tightened. No matter how tight you torque the screw it will tend to back out after a few rides. The problematic screw will also tend to loosen more quickly when you ride on rough roads.
What Causes Loose Screws
Loose screws have a few causes:
- Poor manufacturing
- Worn or damaged threads
- Mismatched screw and hole size
- Missing washer
- Grease on screw threads
This problem is more common on cheaper, poorly manufactured electric scooters. It might also appear after a thread is damaged or a screw is lost and replaced with the incorrect one.
Step-by-Step: How to Permanently Fix a Loose Screw
The secret to fixing a problematic screw is to literally glue it in place. This will solve most problems with loose screws.
- Buy glue specially designed for keeping screws in place. It will be removable if necessary.
- Important: Degrease the screw and thread hole with rubbing alcohol or other solvent. Use a pipe cleaner or cotton swab to degrease the screw hole.
- Apply a dab of glue to the screw thread and reinstall the screw. You don’t need a lot!
- The glue will take a few hours to dry so get some exercise walking!