Xiaomi Mi M365 vs Levy Electric
We compare two 27 lb mid-priced electric scooters: the Xiaomi Mi M365 vs Levy. The Xiaomi Mi M365 and Levy electric scooters share many things in common, including similar braking performance, quality, and design.
The Xiaomi is one of the most popular electric scooters and the compromises the majority of scooter sharing fleets. It represents an excellent balance of range, quality, price, and weight.
The Levy electric scooter is a faster, more powerful up-and-comer with a unique trick up its sleeve — a 3.3 lb removable battery pack. The pack can be swapped in and out of the scooter in 10 seconds and gives an extra 9 miles of real-world range.
To extend the range another 9 miles you’ll have to drop ~$139 for an extra battery pack that pushes the total price nearly $239 above the Mi scooter. This puts you in the range of the Zero 8 / Horizon electric scooter — an even more powerful scooter 26 miles of real-world range.
Which scooter should be crowned king at 27 lbs? Read on to find out!
Sadly, the Xiaomi Mi M365 is no longer available in 2023. But never fear! See our Editor’s Choice list of Best Xiaomi Mi M365 Alternatives here!
Xiaomi Mi M365 Pros
- The Mi scooter has better range, based on our real-world range test — traveling 14.6 mi on a single charge vs the Levy’s 8.9 mi
- The M365 is less expensive. can typically be had for $100 less than the Levy
- The M365 has a longer, one-year warranty vs the Levy, which is only 6 months.
- Levy has a 19″, 3.3 lb removable battery that gives you the freedom to charge away from the scooter and to increase range with an extra battery
- Levy has superior tubeless pneumatic tires that are less flat prone and readily repaired with tire slime
- Levy has a built-in LCD speedometer and battery display. The M365 requires smartphone with installed Xiaomi app for speed and odometer information
Xiaomi Mi M365 vs. Levy Comparison
|Xiaomi Mi M365||Levy|
|Top Speed**||16.7 mph||19 mph|
|Range**||14.6 mi||8.9 mi|
|Weight||27 lb||27 lb|
|0 to 15 mph**||6.3 s||6.2 s|
|15 to 0 mph**||16.8 ft||21.5 ft|
|Hill climb time**||20.8 s||22.1 s|
|Battery||280 Wh||230 Wh|
|Motor||250 W||350 W|
|Max rider weight||220 lb||230 lb|
|Brakes||Regen + Disc||Regen + Disc|
Verdict: Slight Edge to Xiaomi Mi
If you don’t have a need for a removable battery, then the Xiaomi Mi M365 has a bit less acceleration and top speed but will give you 14.6 miles of real-world range and tends to have a lower price-point.
However, if you need a removable battery — or just like having one — then the Levy is the absolute best choice. Or, if you’re willing to trade away a few miles of range for better acceleration and upgraded tubeless pneumatic tires, then the Levy is also a good choice.